Sunday, April 5, 2009

two things

okay, two funny things to blog about today. The first is that we went to eat Pho with a couple that we are friends with, and the guy at the restaurant asked if we minded sharing a big table and we said "no". then we get seated at a big round table (probably bid enough for 8-10 people) with another guy, who was there by himself. this is always a little awkward for me, partially because I always feel bad for people eating alone (I hate it myself) and partially because American culture doesn't often put strangers at the same table unless it is at a counter. So I said "hi" to the guy, and he said "hi" back, but he seemed to be all about the pho and not wanting to join our group so that was all good. we proceed to talk amongst ourselves like the guy wasn't there (nothing inappropriate mind you, just acted like we were at tables next to each other instead of at the same table). and at some point in the meal I told the other couple that next time we travel maybe they should join us and meet up on the road, and they said they probably can't because they will be busy. And then they tell us that she is pregnant (note that they did not say "we are pregnant", which is a phrase that I absolutely despise. no, you both are not pregnant. she is pregnant, you two are having a baby). anywoo... I kind of saw the guy next to us change posture or something but I ignored it because of a.) I was surprised at the pregnancy news and b.)Isaac literally did a spit take with his soup and said "what?!". But when I got home I realized how funny/weird this must have been for the poor dude sitting next to us- he's already eating at a table with strangers and now he's sitting there while big personal news is being revealed.


The second thing was that I was sitting in the living room a minute ago and looking at the box of butt rocks kitty litter we just bought and it just looked totally trippy and bizarre. Then I realized I was a little drunk on sake. but then I thought that the picture I took was kind of funny anyways so I wanted to post it. sorry if it's not funny to you sober people.

No comments: