Friday, April 17, 2009

eco-zombierific

I went to Rainbow grocery, the vegetarian co-op near my work, to pick up some groceries for dinner and also to carb up for lunch today. Generally I like Rainbow; even though many of the customers are eccentric(to say the least), it's not as expensive or showy as Whole Foods, and duh, I'm the kind of person who chooses to live in San Francisco. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Rainbow, My gay Joe once challenged another coworker to see who could find the first woman wearing lipstick when they went there a few months ago. they both lost because neither could find a single one.
so... Rainbow. ah, Rainbow. Everybody was a total zombie in there today. The crowd that does their grocery shopping at 11:30 am on a friday is normally kind of on island time anyways, but seriously. By the time I had the third person slowly shuffle into my path while looking straight at me with unseeing eyes and stop directly in front of me while they appeared to contemplate the meaning of life, I wanted to say "Duuuude. you're like totally in my way. Can you, like, chill over by the organic vegan pastries please?"
humph. (makes grumpy old man face).
ohh! someone just stopped their car outside my apartment and is blasting thriller-era Michael Jackson! Yay! more updates later.

No comments: