Thursday, October 1, 2009

Peace Corps volunteer needs your help! (ok, mostly your money, but it will be used to help)


My friend and ex-coworker Andrea has been in Niger as a Peace Corps volunteer for over a year now, and is raising funds to buy textbooks for her students. This is a really good project, so you peeps should cough up a little dough if you can. Even $10 would help. She needs $4000, and I think if we can spread the word then she will get it. She has a great blog (http://nigerafrica.blogspot.com/) but can't post to it right now because her internet connection is spotty. Cause it's Niger, y'all (say it in a Britney voice)! here is the info from her email:

Hello all,
I hope you are doing well and enjoying the last bits of summer. It's mini hot season here in Niger and while it's not nearly as hot as it is during the true hot season, it's pretty darn warm around here (and humid). But, I am doing well, staying healthy, and getting ready for another eventful school year in Niger.
I am proud to finally announce that my project proposal has been approved and posted to the Peace Corps website. So, I am now officially asking anyone who is able to donate to the project - any amount will be incredibly helpful. I'm also asking those of you who are willing to share this email with your friends and family so that I can reach and even broader group of possible donors.
Here are the steps to take to donate to my project:

1. Go to the Peace Corps website: www.peacecorps.gov
2. Click on the Donate Now link on the left
3. Type my last name, Schuitema, or the project number, 683 172, into the search box
4. Scroll down a little and you will see my project, which they have titled: English Textbooks
5. Enter in the amount you would like to donate, click donate, and then follow the directions for entering your information

It's as simple as that! Thank you all for your continued support, I can't put into words just how much I appreciate it. Be well :)
Cheers,
Andrea M. Schuitema

No comments: